x roundedx circlex wordpress circlewordpress roundedwordpress phone circlephone roundedphone yelp roundedyelp circleyelp circlevsco roundedvsco vsco fa-chevron-up circlesnapwire roundedsnapwire snapwire roundedemail email circleemail 500px behance blogger circle500px circlebehance circleblogger circledribbble circlefacebook circleflickr circlegoogleplus circlehouzz circleinstagram circlelinkedin circlepinterest circletumblr circletwitterbird circlevimeo circleyoutube clickbooq_infinity dribbble facebook flickr googleplus houzz instagram linkedin pinterest rounded500px roundedbehance roundedblogger roundeddribbble roundedfacebook roundedflickr roundedgoogleplus roundedhouzz roundedinstagram roundedlinkedin roundedpinterest roundedtumblr roundedtwitterbird roundedvimeo roundedyoutube tumblr twitterbird vimeo youtube

Lost / Found Pets

Lost / Found Pets

In an effort to reunite lost pets with their owners, the Greeneville-Greene County Humane Society’s Adoption Center keeps an updated database of lost and found animals in Greene County.


Things to do if a pet has been lost or found:

1.) Call the Greeneville-Greene County Humane Society between 12pm-4pm, Tuesday through Saturday at (423) 639-4771

2.) Visit the Greeneville-Greene County Humane Society between 12pm-4pm, Tuesday through Saturday.

3.) Call Greene County Animal Control at (423) 798-1777

4.) Visit Greene County Animal Control during business hours. Call Animal Control for business hours.

5.) Alert your neighbors immediately. Ask them if they would mind checking their garage or basement if your pet is lost. Sometimes a pet, especially a cat, will go into an open garage or basement and the homeowner will unknowingly close the pet inside.

6.) Post a photo and description of a lost or found pet on the following Facebook pages:

Greene Co. Lost & Found (TN) | Facebook

Greene County Tenn Animal Lovers | Facebook

Tricities Lost & Found Pets (TN/ VA) | Facebook

My Greeneville | Facebook

Lost & Found | Facebook


7.) Check the following Facebook page daily if your pet is lost:


Volunteers for Greene County Animal Control TN | Facebook

8.) Call the Greeneville Sun newspaper at (423) 638-4181. They offer a free five day “Lost
or Found ad in the classified section of the newspaper.

9.) Call WGRV radio at (423) 638-4147. WGRV will announce a lost or found pet during
their programming.

10.) Flyers are always a great idea and should be posted in area businesses, including
veterinarian offices. You will also want to give a flyer to your mail carrier and your
newspaper carrier since they travel the area around your house on a daily basis.

11.) Any found pet should be scanned for a microchip. Any veterinarian office, Humane
Society or Animal Control will scan the pet at no charge.